Tuesday, December 10, 2013

How Respironics Trilogy 100 - Helping COPD Patients Breathe Easier?

In case no one has informed you lately, there is now new hope for Respiratory Failure patients in their own home. In days past, typical COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) patients that retain CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) had little choice but to go to the emergency room and incur a hospital stay; typically in the Intensive Care Unit. Mechanical ventilation or some other type of respiratory assist device would be used to help get their carbon dioxide levels under control and they would be sent back home, only to repeat the process several days later.

Introducing the Trilogy 100








Now, thanks to Phillips/Respironics and your local durable medical equipment (DME) company---you have a new option. The device is called a Trilogy and operates as a ventilator does, but does so non-invasively. That means no tube has to be put into the trachea and the device can be used with a mask, similar to a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) or BiLevel machine. This means the patient's comfort level is increased tremendously and they can breathe much easier as well.

I recently had a patient tell me, "This thing has changed my life. In fact, I believe it's saved my life because before using it, I could never get enough air." Testimonials such as this one are numerous and those of us working in the medical field are delighted to hear them. Making a difference in someone's life and taking care of problems are some of the main reasons most of us are in the medical field.

On the technical side, the Phillips/Respironics Trilogy can used both invasively and non-invasively and the controls and parameters are adjustable in much the same way hospital ventilators are. Modes of ventilation offered are VC, PC, AC, SIMV and BiPAP S, T or S/T. You can set the Tidal Volumes, Frequency, Inspiratory Time, choose between Square and Ramp wave forms and it includes all the bells and whistles that are typical of most vents. The advantage for someone requiring control of their CO2 retention is that the device can not only offer tidal volume control, but also has pressure support in it's AVAPS setting, making the device easier to breathe through than a standard Bilevel device.

Whether, you are a patient, have a family member who you feel would benefit or are a patient advocate for a Respiratory Failure patient and feel the Trilogy would be of benefit, talk with your doctor, case manager or medical equipment company and help someone who "can't seem to get enough air" finally breathe easier.

For Orders Call 877-290-8636 or Visit our Product Page on: Request Order Trilogy 100

2 comments:

  1. I recently spent 6 days in the hospital with pneumonia. I knew of the trilogy machine from an earlier stay. I talked to the pulmonologist
    about sending me home with it, and soon a respiratory therapist with
    the medical equipment company brought in the Trilogy 100.
    When I was released from the hospital I feared going home as I knew I
    wasn't breathing well enough to leave.
    24 hours after I got home I was in severe respiratory distress, so my wife put the mask on me and turned on the Trilogy 100, within 2 minutes
    I was breathing breathing better. I kept it on and slept with it. This machine saved me from an ambulance ride back to the hospital, or maybe worse. It is a great machine and it has saved the day for me since. (I am a 44 year old male with end stage COPD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing from COPD, i never taught dr.abegbu who could ever get my COPD cured with his healing herbal cures, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy a COPD drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of ! Williams Fran-ca who truly said that she was been diagnose with COPD and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Baba ABEGBU i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him, is always getting his or her healing after take the herbs cure in a week so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i became very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i rush to hospital for the final test. So the disease and the doctor said i am COPD negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing DR.ABEGBU gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at DR.ABEGBUHEALER@GMAIL.COM or DR.ABEGBUHEALER@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis